OT RCA tablet problem

I doubt if I'll find help here - though I have many times in the past.

I've had this RCA tablet PC for years and trying to get it to work again. Very poor screen touch response. However, I noticed something new not mentioned in the manual. There is is small green tab in the upper- right corner of the screen. I think this may be attached to a transparent film covering the screen for protection while shipping. This could well be the cause of my very very poor screen touch response. I tried to pull on the tab to remove the film but it started to tear. What should I do? Am I on the right track?

The model is : W101SA23T1

I looked on Google with no success. RCA support is hard to find. Finally found an email address but no help so far.

Suggestions on clearing the film off the screen?

TIA

Reply to
KenK

I do not have an rca but keep picking at it. No metal objects to pick. A wood coffee stirrer comes to mind if fingernails are shot.

Reply to
Thomas

perhaps putting a piece of adhesive tape at the edge and then lifting it all together?

Reply to
danny burstein

Tape I like that idea.

Reply to
Thomas

KenK snipped-for-privacy@invalid.com wrote in news:XnsABB6660C01E64invalidcom@

130.133.4.11:

Contacted RCA support. No help. All they say is pull on the tab.

Reply to
KenK

Maybe it'll come off easier if you warm it up with a hair dryer.

If you ever get to a point where you can slide a piece of dental floss underneath, you can saw/rock back and forth and possibly loosen it up that way.

Can you get started at a different corner?

Reply to
Jim Joyce

Jim Joyce snipped-for-privacy@none.invalid wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

Still debating on least dangerous way to try to remove it. I suspect it is a goner.

Reply to
KenK

Maybe a drop of Goo Gone, applied with a toothpick, will help raise an edge that you can pull. If it's worth it, and I suspect it's not, you could wait till the We-Fixit store (or whatever they're called) near you opens back up and let them take a stab at it. That might cost more than it's worth, though.

The American way is to just buy a new one.

Reply to
Jim Joyce

on 5/7/2020, KenK supposed :

I would try the tape method but I would also use a razor blade to lift the edge to help get it started.

Reply to
FromTheRafters

Squirt a bit of alcohol along the edge and let it soak. Pull gently and keep the separating edge wet with alcohol. Windex MIGHT do the job too.

Reply to
Clare Snyder

Try warming it up with a blow dryer - not too hot ...

Reply to
Snag