OT much-needed haircut

When the barber shops are allowed to open - after almost 3 months - does a prudent shaggy person :

  1. rush in for a haircut and be one of the the guinea pigs for the establishment's covid precautions ?

or

  1. wait a couple more weeks for the establishment to tweak their covid precautions ? but risking the barber has caught it in the meantime ..

Decisions, decisions .. Both the military buzz cut and the long grey pony tail are not options ... for me at least. John T.

Reply to
hubops

As one in the vulnerable class, I will be cutting my own hair until a vaccine is available. There are tons of you tube videos on cutting your own hair.

Shops are opening here in Delaware but only for essential people. I guess only doctors, nurses, police and the like are the only ones that need to remain pretty.

Reply to
Frank

The wait times were reported as being up to 5 hours. I will wait.

Reply to
gfretwell

People who have a boss looking at them anyway. If you are home, working in your underwear, who cares if your hair is a mess?

Reply to
gfretwell

Corse they are.

Reply to
Rod Speed

You are stupid to not do it yourself.

Reply to
Rod Speed

I suspect that, when the time comes, my barbershop will simply book appointments - pretty easy to do, with only 2 chairs / 2 barbers .. John T.

Reply to
hubops

I've been cutting my own hair for a long time. It's not hard. I use an electric clipper that's probably as old as I am.

Really? What kind of person needs a video? It's just hair. I understand women not wanting to dive in, but men don't have much of an excuse. Or just let it grow. If people start calling you a hippie, tuck it up under a hat.

Reply to
Jim Joyce

Videos are useful to give guidance. I want a little more than a buzz cut.

Reply to
Frank

Yeah, I don't do buzz cuts either, but that would make it even easier.

Reply to
Jim Joyce

More fool you when this virus can kill you and others.

Reply to
Rod Speed

That is what they started doing here and that was unusual for a regular barber. It is SOP for a salon tho.

Reply to
gfretwell

"I told the bartender I had a flat and would he be kind enough to give me change for a one".

Reply to
gfretwell

I think DIY haircuts is where the mullet came from.

Reply to
gfretwell

I cut my own with nothing more than a scissors for 2 years when I was in Africa. That was back when I had a lot more hair than I do now. I didn't even have a mirror and didn't really care much how I looked.

Reply to
Clare Snyder

After 30-40 years of visiting Great Clips, Fantastic Sams, and Supercuts, it became obvious to me that I can do what they do. I just needed to get used to using a mirror to do the back and neck area. It's not hard at all, once you do it a time or two. No buzz cuts, no mullets. :)

Reply to
Jim Joyce

Nope.

Reply to
Rod Speed

My wife usually cuts her own hair, but a couple of times she's asked me to take off 4 inches or so at the back.

Reply to
Jim Joyce

I see your point 100%. He sees several people a day, up close. Any one of them could make him sick.

Why do you need a haircut?

I had hand surgery on Monday. I postponed when this started, all the time thinking that every day I waited made it that much more likely someone in the offiee would give it to me, or I to them.

I'm pretty sure I didnt' get sick this weeky. The doctor was t he closest to me and he was off all of April.

I haven't had long hair since I was 24, iirc. But it seems to be growing. No pony tail. I don't want to look like....

Reply to
micky

One mirror or two??

I bought an electric trimmer to do my beard. My beard is easy, but the head seems riskier. Even with guards of different lengths. I'd use the longest one but who knows what would happen.

Reply to
micky