Subject Author Posted Replies

New TREX decking with the new cap
Recently used the "new Trex decking" with the cap. In GA we have red clay dirt which stains everything. All of the new composite decks use this cap now. We can't get the red clay stains. I know from...

daisy chain extension cords
In article Theodore wrote: Theodore- Try it and see. Do you have a voltmeter? I would hope for at least 108 VAC, which is 120 V minus ten percent. It would help if you could crank the generator to ten...
26
26

Did someone call for a co-ax?
WTF is that?
2
2

Remove curls from garden hose
+1 That's what I do.
20
20

Lowes
In on Wed, 05 Aug 2020 23:47:11 -0500, Jim Joyce snipped-for-privacy@nI don't think I've bought any for 30 years, though I could never use 1000 feet. I did notice that one mentioned copper clads steel...
10
10

Why is this?
Dunno for sure, but those are the states/territories/locales with higher building code requirements; I would guess it's related to that somehow. 100' RG6 weighs <5 lb so while shipping anything off...
3
3

Googlicks staying home
I heard on the radio that Google employees have been told they won't be coming to work at the office until April of 2021. I guess this is so they can decide whether to fix up their home office, etc.

Naphtha uses
Lot more than I ever did. Had I lubed the chain after cleaning with the Teflon spray it would not have rusted. Teflon lubes but does not rust proof.
16
16

Space X splashdown
Think I heard that next landing would be on land. I believe with cushioning.
3
3

NIMA 14-50
Can a NIMA 14-50 receptacle be wired up with #10 wire ? What if you doubled up each wire ? Would that meet code ? what if you found one wired up that way ? Any help appreciated. Thanks
54
54

Schlage FE599 combo lock
I have two rental locations and both locks when mounting screws are tightened properly the latch assembly binds up. Do you have a fix for this.

OT: Car crash tests are pointless
Adding a VERBAL task (like texting) really complicates things. BTW, "verbal" means it involves words. Whether the words are spoken or not doesn't matter.
32
32

T-12 4 ft Fluorescent Tube Disposal
In this area a little mercury in a landfill is small potatoes compared to the problems caused by copper, gold, and asbestos mines. Fish & Wildlife advise you not to eat pike out of the Clark Fork but...
30
30

Wow, expensive lighting!
Might be more productive to find out the FIRST time --
53
53

No mask consequences
This state structured it so nobody gets arrested and a business might get a $100 fine at the most. The city cops declared the day after the shutdown enforcing it wasn't their job. A real arrest would...
96
96