Space X splashdown

It's been 45 years since such a thing happened.

Dean Hoffman

Why does the Russian system use land-landings and the USA prefers splash-downs ? John T.

Reply to
hubops

Water is easier to land and we have plenty of places to do it. There is no braking rocket required making it lighter and less complex.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

Think I heard that next landing would be on land. I believe with cushioning.

Reply to
Frank