Subject Author Posted Replies

OT Street riots nothing new
PTC is Philadelphia Transportation Company. in 1944 would have been just about all white people too. Not sure of the year but there was outrage when the started to hire blacks.
2
2

fitted sheets for mattresses of different thicknesses.
I was watching a tv recording I made last December, and it included an ad by the pillow-guy. This one was for pillow cases and sheets, and he said his fitted sheets would fit thicker mattresses. The...
9
9

From Homeless to Penthouse
The Seattle mayor has a plan to get homeless people off the street. <> One of the commentators mentions St. Louis. "'..in the US city of St. Louis, Missouri. Living conditions in Pruitt?Igoe began to...
26
26

What extension cord is needed for electric fry pan?
I want to buy an electric fry pan to make potato pancakes outside on my porch. They really stink up my kitchen using my gas stove. Looking at either 1500 watt Presto or 1200 Elite gourmet. They both...
102
102

IOT I don't understatd the Facebook controversies
I read that a substantial number of girls, in my words, have their suicidal thoughts increased by Facebook, but I haven't seen how that happens. Are there a lot of pictures of really good looking...
14
14

OT. Ropeway in Claughton , Lancashire
Gravity powered. Moves shale rock from quarry to brick factory. <>Just under five and a half minutes. Subtitles for the benefit of Americans. In Claughton, Lancashire, the Forterra brickworks produces...

Follow-up on European phones in the USA
Follow-up on European phones in the USA The upshot is, an expensive phone might work the same in Europe and the USA, but a year-2019 250 dollar Android phone will not, unless you get a Global model....
20
20

OT. Captain Kirk in Space
Fans of the original Star Trek show will probably remember actor William Shatner who played Captain Kirk in the show. He gets to fly into space. <> There doesn't seem to be a definite rule about where...
2
2

Refrigerator followup
After a couple of hours of hunting fruitlessly for my set of R-12/22 gauges ... my wife walked into the shop and pointed right at them ! Anyway , got hooked up and turned the unit on to see a pretty...
16
16

science fiction in the 50's.
A line from a science fiction radio show from the 50's: I asked for 3 feet of element and they sent me 3 fetal elephants. Listen to The Big Broacast, 2 hours in, for today, 10/3/2021 It's about...

Another refrigerator post !
Seems our GE side by side has maybe bit the dust . The compressor is running but the high side line is not hot as it should be which tells me that either the compressor is shot or it's low on...
24
24

Sears Coldspot
I have a Coldspot Model 106.E11-F-C1 and model number 837763B Where can I go to find what year it was made and where to buy parts for it? Thank you
10
10

SB 1850BN Brad Nailer depth adjuatment
Which way do you turn the knob on the SB 1850BN Brad Nailer to make it sink the nails deeper? Manual does not show.
2
2

OT. Walgreens Sign On Bonus
Walgreens wants help behind the pharmacy counters. <> Walgreens Announces New Bonuses and Rewards to Further Support and Recognize Team Members | Walgreens Newsroom
14
14

How the 1918 epidemic was handled
The Philadelphia Rapid Transportation company took steps in the epidemic. Notice, don't get caught spitting