OT Street riots nothing new

PTC is Philadelphia Transportation Company. in 1944 would have been just about all white people too. Not sure of the year but there was outrage when the started to hire blacks.

Ed Pawlowski

rbowman

I hadn't heard of these but I'm not surprised.

Also

New York Draft Riots occurred in July 1863, when the anger of working-class New Yorkers over a new federal draft law during the Civil War sparked five days of some of the bloodiest and most destructive rioting in U.S. history. Hundreds of people were killed, many more seriously injured, and African Americans were often the target of the rioters? violence.

micky