Latest threads in Backyard Gardenersshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

ID Palm-like tree
Any idea what this might be? North San Diego near the coast. Palm tree on hill Also, just for fun, here's a shot of a green ash tree with berries. It's covered with these red berries every year about...
1
1

Will decomposed granite hold up to heavy wheeled garbage cans?
I would like to put in a path over to the side of our house where we keep t he garbage cans. I like the look of decomposed granite, but I'm afraid that the weight of the cans (sometimes as much as 75...
1
1

Ficus trigonata (?)
Anyone have an idea of what these trees are? I'm pretty sure they are Ficus. Location coastal San Diego County, California. The best match I can find from all the ID websites is this one... Leaves &...
2
2

Question for songbird
Common use fertilizer used to come pretty generic, like 8-8-8, 10-10-10, 13 -13-13, with little-to-no micro-nutrients. Last spring I started seeing so mething different, like 10-10-10 with "up to 8%...
5
5

Winter Lawn Care
What's the best thing to do to keep a lawn looking good thru the winter? I'm in So Calif and is generally in the 40's at night and 50-70 days. Extremely dry especially this year - 3 inches instead of...
6
6

Bitter Lemon(?) Tree
Planted this from a nursery labeled "mandarin orange". I'm guessing that the orange branch had been grafted onto something else and died. Maybe ornamental fruit? Definitely not edible... Has been...
1
1

What is this weed in my lawn (photo)
Hello, This is my first post. I wonder whether anyone would be able to help identifty a weed in my lawn (in the UK) and how I might be able to get rid of it without a lot of chemicals. I have included...
2
2

Hayter Ride on. I need Pictures!!
Hi All, Ive got a Hayter Heritage 19/40 ride on lawnmower, and so far ive been fairly good in doing repairs, including the latest one which was just replacing the oil in the hydrostatic transmission...

Dead Lawn... Help!?!
Hi Guys, First time on here so I will get straight to it. Basically I have just moved house and currently on the back there is just trimmed down weeds, they were about hip height but before I moved in...
2
2

Lawn Tips
Hello members... How to make our lawn good... What are the most important precautions, we should keep in mind for the lawn..
4
4

Tru-Cut mower rehabilitation
Hi all, I'd like to rehabilitate a 25" Tru-Cut commercial mower and would appreciate advice on one obscure and one not-so-obscure issue. The obscure issue is tires: The original solid tires are worn...
5
5

Where can i get artificial grass from
------------------------------------------------------------------------ A poll associated with this post was created, to vote and see the results, please visit...

Atco 12 36 - not much info out there - need help!
Hi I posted first on an old thread but have realised that this may be long dead. There is not much out there on the net re Atco mowers ....so I am hoping there are a still a few experts and...

Newbie with couple of probs with new turf
Hi all total newbie to any type of gardening so please be gental I recently layed new turf preped the ground getting rid of as much weeds as possible then added couple tonne of topsoil to level...
3
3

Advice On Servicing Jonsered LR10
Hi everyone, this is my first post on these forums and hopefully I will find lots of helpful advice here and maybe later on even be able to offer some myself. Anyway, I have just inherited my parents...
3
3