Winter Lawn Care

What's the best thing to do to keep a lawn looking good thru the winter?
I'm in So Calif and is generally in the 40's at night and 50-70 days.
Extremely dry especially this year - 3 inches instead of the normal 9.5"
Reply to
Guv Bob
What's the best thing to do to keep a lawn looking good thru the winter? I'm in So Calif and is generally in the 40's at night and 50-70 days. Extremely dry especially this year - 3 inches instead of the normal 9.5"
Also, I have some bare patches. Anything I can do to seed these or, if not, prepare them for seeding in the spring?
Reply to
Guv Bob
in the arid SW?
large source of pollution and a waste of $.
putting fertilizer on dry grass is pointless.
putting down fertilizer just to have to go through the process of watering repeatedly in such a climate is close to criminal IMO.
there are places where having a lawn is fine, but the SW isn't one of them.
songbird
Reply to
songbird
you're welcome. :)
no, probably fairly easy to keep a lawn green there all season.
i'd still not fertilize any lawn much at all. why make something that you have to cut grow faster?
songbird
Reply to
songbird
winter? I'm in So Calif and is generally in the 40's at night and 50-70 days. Extremely dry especially this year - 3 inches instead of the normal 9.5"
Yes, and if you think that's amazing, it's 50-70 during the day!
Reply to
Guv Bob
important of the
A belated thanks, Bob. Since first posting the question, it has not rained a drop, so watering about once every week or two is all I'm doing right now.
Reply to
Guv Bob

Site Timeline Threads