stainless

Stainless steel boilers DO rust. Correct?

Reply to
2apart

Rust never sleeps

Reply to
Oscar_Lives

Any metal will corrode in the right environment.

Reply to
Noon-Air

Reply to
jamesgangnc

Really??? How much nickel in it?? How much iron?? How much carbon?? What other trace elements?? What alloy?? What hardness?? What metallurgy training do you have?? Unless you have even the *slightest* clue, suggest you STFU

As I said before, in the right environment, any metal will corrode.

Reply to
Noon-Air

Reply to
jamesgangnc

Geez, relax relax already--previous poster is agreeing with you. He said stainLESS. As in bullet RESISTANT.

BTW, OP can find an authoritative answer here

not 'till next year--site's apparently down for maintenance) or here
here

It absolutely does corrode, but there are things you can do to prevent it.

Assuming that the designer spec'ed the correct material for the application to begin with, the most common corrosion problems occur after welding or machining. Even if the correct WFM was used, either process will leave a surface that's much less corrosion resistant than before.

Google "passivation" and you'll probably find the answers you're looking for.

Reply to
thrugoodmarshall

Oops--forgot to paste the third link...

it's the "american iron & steel institute"

Reply to
thrugoodmarshall

Well does stainless rust it depend where is use so answer could be yes and no, in very hot and humid area yes stainless could rust and very heavily depend on concentration of oxygen in immediate area, less oxygen quicker and more rapidly rust will take effect, also depend what grade of stainless it is I would suggest that you ask that question to some one that is expert in metallurgy

good luck from Dido

Reply to
AKS

What the hell does "Hot" have to do with rusting? Bubba

Reply to
Bubba

There is actually no such thing as true stainless steel. It's a common mis-conception. There are over 150 different types of "stainless teel" though they say, so go figure hahaha

I would buy some rust buster to solve your boiler problem :P

-CanadianHeat

--

--------------------------------- --- -- - Posted with NewsLeecher v3.7 Final Web @

----- ---- -- -

Reply to
Anonymous

In the true spirit of Christmas:

Blow me.

Reply to
'Hate

Ho f****ng ho.

- All the free heating and air answers you want!

Reply to
Al Moran

The answer to your question is? think what does heat do to oxygen in enclose tight places Dido

Reply to
AKS

Think of what the price of hen eggs in Minnesota has to do with global warming??? Bubba

Reply to
Bubba

Bubba posted for all of us...

No rooster eggs?

Reply to
Tekkie®

"AKS" wrote

OH! OH! PICK ME! PICK ME!! I know the answer to this one! It makes it hot, so......... You close the return air vent to make it cooler, right?? ROTFLMAO!!!!

Reply to
Bob_Loblaw

If there is such thing as award for being dumb I am sure would qualified for at list two Have Happy Holiday from Dido

Reply to
AKS

"AKS" wrote

Then maybe you'd better open a window, then get someone turn down the t/stat for you....before the brain damage is permanent...assuming it's not already to late for you....

Reply to
Bob_Loblaw

Yes my friend we all know how good you are by Dido

Reply to
AKS