Refrigeration Charging Manifold - ID Help

I have a brass 2-valve refrigeration charging manifold I'd like to put up for sale on craigslist. I bought it in the late 70's or early 80's and have lost track of the manufacturer. The manifold has a 'hallmark' that looks like a 7 with a second 7 inverted next to it. One of the gauges has a sticker saying that it was "Made in Taiwan. It has two sets of hose connections to keep the hoses clean.

1) Does anyone know who made this manifold?

2) Is it worth the bother to post it? I has temperature scales for R12, R22 and R502, which should help to date it. Is there still a market for a manifold like this one?

I did not use it many times so it is pretty much unused, but it was a help when I needed it.

Thanks,

baumgrenze

Reply to
John B

the fact that it was made in Taiwan makes it worh zilch. check ebay for similar items. It is probably totaaly inaccurate anyway. I have an Eastman manifold from the 60's. don't know why I keep it anymore. I pay guys that know what they are doing to work on my A/C

Reply to
Fartikus

Does it have a sight glass? I got one from Harbor Freight, which had a sight glass. I really love it. Immediately bought a second one for spare, and they are no longer made. I don't really need another manifold, but would consider it.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Thanks for asking. It has no sight glass.

It seemed to work fine for me. I used it to charge R12 on our automotive AC's when that was still being used.

I also built a home-made cellar of plywood and 2" urethane insulation. I used it in the 80's to brew my own ale, back before there were so very many good craft brews on the market. It started life with an abandoned compressor from a refrigerated Beckman research centrifuge. I used the condensor from an old refrigerator as the evaporator and quickly learned how readily it rusted and leaked. A friend gave me a proper evaporator and that worked for a few more years before it developed leaks and I gave up and purchased a new 'cellar cooler' and installed it. Today it is a 'mixed cellar' for wine, beer, jams and jellies. It keeps a pretty constant 50 degrees. The new unit uses R134 A. I think if it gives me trouble I'll hire a technician to repair it.

baumgrenze

Reply to
John B