Picture of a low bid hvac installation (sit down for this)

That's only been around for like 10 years.

Reply to
.p.jm.

I had a customer I was rewiring a building for some 20 years ago who needed a new 7.5 ton HVAC unit on the roof. I wasn't doing systems at the time so I found a contractor for them who appeared to know what he was doing. It was a medium sized outfit with a number of employees and trucks so they had the resources to do a good job. I was only involved in the electrical work so I didn't pay attention to what the installers were doing. When the system was started up, cold air blew out the return air and all the supply lines were acting as returns. I really enjoyed the fact that they had installed it backwards because the HVAC company boss had been a little bit too arrogant with me. "Revenge is a dish best served cold" old Klingon proverb (no pun)

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

I wonder if the big unit had something simple wrong with it. Maybe the older unit only needed a contactor, thermostat, or something.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

You know, the universe has a way of getting even with folks.

Did the Klingons steal the proverb from the Russians? I've heard that one before.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon