Best Rated threads in HVAC Discussionsshow all threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

What Causes Compressor Leads to Burn Off of Terminals?
Ken Hall posted for all of us... Hey, don't get snotty with us! You put up with these fucknuts doing the same thing for 10 years because you are a dufus, now you want it fixed for free and fast. I'm...
66
66

swamp cooler blows black stuff
I have a new side draft swamp cooler that blows a very fine black substance, almost like a powder, that makes me think the belt is somehow involved. It isn't mold....the pads aren't black, the water...
1
1

Leer ice chest not cooling enough
I had a cooler driving me nuts a couple weeks ago. Leer ice merchandiser. Ourdoor unit. On the sun side of the building, which wasn't helping. When I got there, it would be fine. Nice and cold. The...
11
11

Furnace inducer motor squealing
Bought this house last June. Had the furnace inspected; tech said it was OK. Furnace is pretty old; it's a carrier 58ssb080-bc. (Though tech said it had some new parts put in, so maybe it would last a...
7
7

PV vs CV water heaters?
So what do you guys think about the water heater debate? I constantly get customers who have paid big bucks to have their home audited and tested for efficiency ect...They tell the customer to replace...
21
21

HVAC Closets vs. Attic
Since we're running a return duct system for ceiling mount grilles, I'd throw another, but not the only one, into the stairwell space. Proper airflow is vital & return is just as important as...
44
44

Bryant Plus 90 Error Code 34
Code 34:Diagnosed--Replaced ignitor, sensor, and electrical board.!!Now....Turns on, fan runs, ignitor gets red, flame come on for about 3 seconds, flame shuts off....Code 34 again UGH. Please help.
1
1

Dogs drinking from the AC
Friend of mine, in TX. Got a couple puppies. They like to drink the water that drips from the window AC. She asked me if that's dangerous for the dogs. I have an opinion, but I'm curious what the...
7
7

need replacement pull chain for round A.C. ceiling vent
My house has the old round ceiling vents and the chain broke in one of the bedrooms. I need to find a replacement. Can you help me. Also, does it hurt to close some of the vents. My kitchen and living...
1
1

Installing aprilaire 700 Humidifier
need to add a 24 volt transformer to control board to operate aprilaire hum idifier wtith my Trane furnace. The problem is that I only have two termina ls on the control board that are available. One...
3
3

Is a refrigerant leak around the Schrader valve "normal"?
Inside heat pump evaporator coils freezing up. Tech came out said unit low on refrigerant and added 1 1/2 pounds. Worked a day and a half started freezing up again. Called same company, same tech came...
10
10

Air Vent in Shower???
Renovating a home. I asked for air (heat and AC) to be added to the new bathroom. So, the vent ended up in the ceiling right over the tub/ shower. I'm not an expert, but it seems that blowing air on a...
3
3

Beckett CB151UL Condensate Pump
Hi, I am trying to trouble shoot a Beckett CB151UL condensate pump. I found a pool of water next to my furnace and I suspect it is from the condensate pump. The water level in the reservoir was fairly...
33
33

Single vs. double pipe loop providing hydronic heat to radiators.
My hydronic heat system has one large loop around the basement perimeter from which two tees feed each radiator on the upper floors. An HVAC friend of mine suggested that the one single large loop is...
1
1

Slow leak on boiler return line
Ok. Thanks for the advice.
8
8

bulges and "hot spots" inside 20 year old furnace...do I really need new one?
I had my 20 year old Carrier forced air furnace tuned up today. The technician snaked a camera up the inside of the furnace. He did NOT find any cracks, but he found "bulging spots" which he also...
34
34

Only 1/3 evaporator coil is cold
Just moved my 2.5 ton split unit upstairs, and only the bottom third of the evap. coil is cold. Would this implicate too little refrigerent? Any other ideas? Thanks for your advice! DK
15
15

Cox Radiant Heater
Looking for a supplier for Cox radiant heaters. I have a factory with a couple dozen units. I need parts for several. Thanx in advance.
1
1

11 year old Goodman - should I repair or replace?
Hello, I have a 11 year old Goodman gas furnace (model gmp125-5) with a 3 ton central air unit (southern Pennsylvania). The a/c quit working a few weeks ago. I had a serviceman come out and he said...
20
20

Pushing contactor
When I push the contactor button on the outside unit. The system should start by the fan turning on and the compressor starting. am i correct?
9
9