Best Rated threads in HVAC Discussionsshow all threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

concentric vent icing problem
Yes Mr. Lulu with one difference that Dido gets pay $100.00 per hour for driving while you can only wish
25
25

Goodman Heat Pump Emergency Heat doesn't work
I have a rather cheap Goodman heat pump. Last night temp got down to 15F or so, so I turned the "Emergency Heat" on - it's a manual switch on the thermostat. The little red light came on, I...
7
7

Fan runs constantly (almost)
Hi, all. I hope you can help me, as I'm at my wit's end (much to your surprise, I'm sure). Here's the situation: I have a Heil heat pump and a Honeywell RTH7000 programmable...
3
3

UV light and plastic parts
An HVAC tech cautioned the use of UV lights in my system because my aircon candenstion pan is plastic and my humidifier has plastic parts, both of which he said will deteriorate because of the UV...
9
9

symptoms of overcharged refrigeration system
I am trying to repair a fridge in the jungle of costa rica and have minimal tools/gages. it uses a 12 volt danfoss compressor and R134a refrigerant and doesn't cool even though the compressor...
22
22

KeepRite DC90 Heat Exchange ring popped
I've just had someone in for yearly maintenance on my furnace - a KeepRite DC90. The guy discovered a popped ring in the heat exchange and told me that this was pretty common with this model....
10
10

What is GBB Marketing?
I noticed a reference to 'GBB' in another thread and did a search on it, but couldn't find anything! I'm starting a residential HVAC company and looking for marketing ideas, figuring...
3
3

dryer in apartment with no ventilation
Hi all, I am desperately looking for a dryer condensation/ventilation kit for my apartment/condo. The problem is that there isn't a vent, but I do know of these kits, having seen them in the past....
12
12

silfos brazing advice
I am trying to build my own super-efficient refrigerator and i want to braze 1/4" tubing between the compressor, water-cooled condenser, evaporator, etc. I have had lots of soldering experience and...
12
12

Which Mini Split for Coastal Area
Hi, I've gotten a couple of estimates for three mini split A/Cs. The outdoor units will be on the roof of a four story building and my apartment is on the third floor. The building is about half a...
5
5

from Janitrol to Honeywell wiring thermostat?
Hi, I just bought a new digital Honeywell thermostat - TH8320. I am replacing an old mercury one - the writing in the back is Janitrol HPT18-60, 3AAT86B21A1 HOUSTON, TEXAS. LR 11746, 30 V.A.C.1.5.A,...
7
7

Room Air Conditioner Odors
Thanks for the replies all. Turned out to be a plugged drain and washing out the tray real well that cured the problem. thanks again. John
9
9

Both air conditioners stopped working
I had 2 air conditioners (Rheem 3t) installed last October by a reputable company. Last Friday the first one bit the dust and Saturday the other one failed completely. How is this possible with...
14
14

Carrier Infinity Thermostat - does not resume after power failure
I have a Carrier Infinity system. In general, it works great. But whenever there is a power failure (t-storms), the thermostat waits for someone to confirm the type of air filter and other...
2
2

"New" Slantfin Boiler won't heat house above 65 degrees
My two-year old Slantfin Boiler won't heat the house above 65 degrees, and it's usually at 60 degrees. It'll come on and off randomly for short periods of time (as short as one second) and over a long...
25
25

Has anyone solved the evaporator dripping problem?
Indoor unit is about 11 years old. Have been having a major condensate dripping problem from the A-coil fins for about 2 years now. This is NOT A DRAIN problem. I have seen that a number of posts from...
7
7

Flame sensor - please help
I have a Carrier 58MCA that is not working. I replaced the flame sensor last December and it was fine all winter. Now it's cold again and I have no heat. The board again flashes 34 after it lights...
8
8

Lennox Furnace Filter Question
Hi, I am hoping someone out there can answer a question for me. I have a Lennox Conservator III G16 furnace, this furnace has a filter which is a "U shaped basket" that is placed around the intake of...
8
8

Totaline P274-0200 Wiring Question
I had an electrician that is a friend of mine wire up the system, but I believe it's not running at its optimal settings. I seriously need some help on wiring my thermostat so that I can fully use...
29
29

Carrier Furnace Ignition Lockout - why?
Years ago, I was assistant to the assistant, on a job where we were extending some duct. Family was building addition to the house, and wanted to tie that into the HVAC. We needed to run a rectangular...
10
10