Only 1/3 evaporator coil is cold

Just moved my 2.5 ton split unit upstairs, and only the bottom third of the evap. coil is cold. Would this implicate too little refrigerent? Any other ideas? Thanks for your advice!

DK

Reply to
david.schaffer

How did you move it?

Reply to
<kjpro

Ideas?? Sure I have several, and they all have to do with calling a

*competent*, licensed, insured, professionally trained, HVAC technician to come fix your f*ck-ups.
Reply to
Noon-Air

Reply to
david.schaffer

Let me guess... a "*competent*, licensed, insured, professionally trained, HVAC technician" like you? Thanks but no thanks, friend.

Reply to
david.schaffer

Your just jealous because I have one, and you don&#39;t

Reply to
Noon-Air

Thats your choice. Just remember that when you have to make that call to get it done right.

Reply to
Noon-Air

Can you spell TROLL

Reply to
Geoman

But, I bet *his* home is well air conditioned. LOL

Reply to
<kjpro

Ex-lax and allota fiber!

Reply to
Tekkie®

It is a compressor fault, weak pumping (compression) check the compressor pumping through discharge port of compressor, a good compressor discharge pressure is between 350 to 450 psi and also when you stop the compressor the discharge pressure should not drop below

350psi secondly it could also be due to clogged condensor, clean condensor by using condensor cleaning liquid and water pressure. Hope this helps Joss Rock
Reply to
hottopdog

Even if there&#39;s no refrigerant in the system? (or low on same?)

^^^^^^ Even after the gas on the high side cools and equalizes with the low side? Really? My compressors are a bit, um, "hard starting" under that much head. Maybe you have really good "hard start" kits.

With our customers, it&#39;s usually the evaporator that gets its fins linted up... but I guess it could be fifteen years of dead lizards in there, so yeah... just put it on full-strength from the jug, and let it soak for at least an hour; put on plenty -- maybe even two or three applications. Then use a hard stream of water... pressure washer is even better. Gets it _really_ clean!

("So clean, glass seems to DISAPPEAR!")

It confused me. I&#39;m probably easily confused.

LLoyd

Reply to
Lloyd E. Sponenburgh

And here&#39;s one more hack! :-(

Reply to
<kjpro

Just got my gauges back... A few ounces (OK more than a few) of R22 and I&#39;m up an running! Man, it&#39;s cold up here. And to think, some fools spent a whole weekend taking a class to get "licensed, insured, professionally trained."

Reply to
david.schaffer

As I explained on the private e-mail you cluttered my in-box with;

OK, so if it was done right, what was your SST and your superheat?? If you don&#39;t know what it is, then it wasn&#39;t done correctly.

If it was so easy, everybody would be doing it, don&#39;t you think?? You can screw with your R-22 system all you want, and waste all the R-22 you want, but in just 2 1/2 years, the price is going to be a whole lot higher to gas that system up.

Reply to
Noon-Air

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com, cackled inanely to post:

You make the mistake of believing "fast tracking" (education) doth an income make. Before you get too comfortable with your "Man, it&#39;s cold up here.", go check your variables are an isosceles triangle at Space Temperature. # Operating Pressure # Saturated Suction Temperature # Operating Current

Without that equilibrium your exuberant froth could well be "piss and wind" - always resulting in tears, often at the hands of a rather cranky Spouse. Put the Bud back in the Fridge and go check, something does not &#39;sound&#39; quite "right".

ICE

Reply to
ard[H20]