Best Rated threads in HVAC Discussionsshow all threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Installing a ceiling register boot
I have a small room on our top floor (the only room on the top floor) in my townhouse that we would like to close off and make a bedroom. If we do close off the room, the only register would be...

Lennox Pulse 21 Fan Control
I'm trying to troubleshoot the following problem with my Lennox Pulse 21 furnace: the furnace fan will sometimes shut off in the middle of a cycle (while the gas is still on and the furnace is...
25
25

Furnace flue brown goo/liquid leak
I have a goodman (gms80805cnbd) conventional natural gas furnace (installed 2017). i have brown goo/liquid dripping from inside the flue pipe to the outside of the flue pipe at a connection junction....
1
1

Trane XL 80 not turning on
The unit (model: TXC037C4HPC0, serial: R435RF05G, mfg: 10/2000) was working well (over the last few years it was used primarily for the air conditioning function) until we got 16 inches of water in...

Heater Defrost Balance Point
Am I correct that the 'Heater Defrost Balance Point' is the setting for calling for Aux heat when the outdoor temperature hits a certain point
33
33

Wait Circulator
I've just acquired a natural gas furnace called a "wait circulator" - put out about 45,000 btu - for my workshop. I have no significant experience in gas-fitting. I've done a web search for the...
4
4

Removing Hot Air from Vaulted Ceiling
Hi, I have a two story house with vaulted ceilings throughout. I had AC put in last year, but the upstairs doesn't really cool down. The front of the house has the biggest windows, and is West Facing,...
23
23