Pushing contactor

When I push the contactor button on the outside unit. The system should start by the fan turning on and the compressor starting. am i correct?

Reply to
coocoobird

You're within a couple inches of death by electrocution. Please only remove the cover push a contactor if you have the training to do it safely.

That said, when you manually close a line voltage contactor on a condensing unit, the fan and compressor shoudl turn o.

The fact that you had to ask in the first place suggests that this is outside your level of training.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Ya i noticed pjm is pretty much the fucknut of this group.. but anyways.. though i dont have expertise in this field as some of you all do.. its not to hard to figure.. "most" of it out.. I was asking a simple question to which a simple answer would have been apprectiated.. double checking with "professionals" is a good idea.. Thanks to all that did answer honestly though.. pjm you might be amazed at how fast some people can learn.. shouldnt doubt so much.. maybe you have came across to many fucktards in your time though but should you really be one to pretty much everyone? peace

Reply to
coocoobird

When I had my oldest son first start helping me, I think he was about 12, I had him hold in the contactor why I checked something. I told him don't let your finger slip or it might kill ya! His first lesson in the dangers of working on HVAC equipment.

Now he is building Generators for the Marines. I bet he is waiting to tell me where to put my finger and warning me not to move. Coocoo put your fingers anywhere you like in the electric compartment and have some fun. Ya gotta try that damned little round or oval thing near the contactor. Now thats fun!!! You will NEVER learn HVAC from a friggin usenet group, on the internet or any where else. Shit I still learn something new everyday.

Reply to
Bob Pietrangelo

"Bob Pietrangelo" wrote

Or blow off his hand. But what the hell ,at least he learned something, right?? Why not give him a long,wooden-handled paint brush, and let him use that to push in the contactor. Letting a child put his fingers in an electrical box is totally irresponsible.

Reply to
Bob_Loblaw

He could use the big wooden spoon his mother used to beat him with

Reply to
daytona

Not if it has an ECM fan motor

Reply to
Noon-Air

Slips too easily, fingers have a better feel for the plunger, I think we were pumping down a unit, not sure how everybody else does it. He braised when he was twelve too (w/N2), I guess it is irresponsible to let a child use a flame thrower too!

Reply to
Bob Pietrangelo

Bob, you sound like a GREAT DAD to involve your son in your work and let him learn more about your occupation. By letting him do these tasks under your supervision, you are helping him learn new skills, see application for his academics, and gain self-confidence.

Reply to
Oscar_Lives

Reply to
Dido