Amazing HVAC Techs

Dear Ken, Some of us understand English. Others of us don't. You'll just have to "get by" somehow stumbling along. Bubba

Reply to
Bubba

The correct question is "Do I care?". Your insults are rank amateur by the way.

Weak.

Lame

I'm also free to stay.

Try harder next time. I almost summoned enough energy for a yawn...

Rich

Reply to
Richard Thomas

HVAC is a very specialized field and involves a breadth of experience and knowledge that spans electrical, control systems, mechanical, thermodynamics and an endless list of codes and regulations. It's also a field where the "devil's in the details" and jack of all trades/master of none won't cut it.

Because of high technical burden there are lots of hacks in the trade who don't have the apptitude to master it yet they're still in the field.

It would be very tough for a homewowner to master HVAC however some homeowners can certainly master their own HVAC system repairs and instalations and probably do a much better job then all the hacks and maybe even some of the pros. To say a homeowner can't diagnose and replace a contactor, blower motor, thermostat, or even top off a refrigerant charge (with the right EPA 608 card) is simply blind arrogance on the part of some pros.

Reply to
henny

I've met a LOT of home owners who are very skilled at reparing things. And I've met others who are dangerous with a screw driver. runs the whole spectrum. It's much the same with techs. Some can pick up vibes, check a few things, and have the system purring along like better than new.

So, it's a bit of a bad guess to say "all you'se guys" this or that. Cause there really isn't one typical tech. Like there's no one typical home owner. And so the vague accusations go on.

That's cause all you Usenet posters have no clue what you're doing, and just interested in trouble and flame wars. And you know I'm right.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

THANK YOU!!!! CHRISTOPHER and HENNY Even if I try I could not say it better Hope you guys had nice Holliday DIDO

Reply to
AKS

My friend Dido, It is a rare pleasure to be on a board with a fine man as yourself. I do thank you for the kind words. How was your thanksgiving? I had lasagna for dinner at my parents house.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Christopher: YOU ARE WELCOME It was past dew. I hope you enjoy thanksgiving with you family I did and we had some turkey and rust beef. Well tomorrow back to work which I am not looking forward, I will be replacing 5 hp low temp. compressor problem is the location by end of day my bottom will be dragging but you can't have easy all the time. Dido say that!

Reply to
AKS