One condensor = two evaporators?

I have an LG split aircon unit and matching evaporator. It is 9000BTU. I also have a spare matching evaporator. Question is can I split the refrigerant between the two? I appreciate this is far from ideal and may over work the compressor. But in the UK climate it would not be worked that hard. I could ensure that only one is used at a time? Views appreciated - thanks

Reply to
Mozzer

You are joking right dido

Reply to
AKS

Reply to
jamesgangnc

And to what advantage? Save a few bucks on parts? I suppose it could work, if valved properly and such. But, I doubt it would be practical.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

No, you can not split the refrigerant between the two. Can you run each individually? Probably. You'd have to make each circuit exactly the same and be able to isolate/interlock each circuit, electric, controls, refrigerant lines, etc. I don't recommend it unless you are or have someone that is good with control circuits and refrigeration theory.

...Ron

--

68'RS Camaro 88'Formula 00'GT Mustang
Reply to

If it is not a VRV or "inverter" model then no. Seen some texas boyshack it in like that though, system ended up being ripped out and replaced.

Reply to
Abby Normal

Well now, wait a minute. I am not saying this the answer to this particular question. But, you can run two evaporators on one compressor. It would be highly inefficient in a residential application.

Barry

Reply to
Barry

Mozzer posted for all of us...

Dazz nize

Use Sears garden hosw w/ qik connects.

Reply to
Tekkie®

Thanks for *some* of the replies. I've installed several of these units and know the basics of pipe work, brazing etc. I intended to isolate the controls electrically but let the refrigerant flow (by 't' fittings) to each, just that one would not be running.

OK - it will not work it seems but am I to be shot for merely asking (by some above)? I only wanted pro advice.

Reply to
Mozzer

The dude is right, it shall have an inverter control if not possible damage may occur on the other pcb of FCU (Fan coil Units) with has the inverter. Please do not attempt to do this. Inverter control are very sensitive.

Reply to
yummydude4u

Reply to
jamesgangnc

With enough money, anything is possible. You can do it if you want to invest the time and money to re-design the entire system. If you want a clue, think "multi-box refrigeration system"

Reply to
Noon-Air

How about putting them in series? Mark

Reply to
Mark

Sorry, that wouldn't work either.

Reply to
James

Thanks to all for the explanations/ideas which do make sense to me - anyone want a spare evaporator :(

Reply to
Mozzer