Latest threads in Heatingshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Goodman furnace
Goodman M# MS80903ANA Furnace combustion blower comes on, glow plug kicks in, but no ignition. I have gas to valve, but not opening up to allow flow to pilot assembly. [IMG]

1960,s general electric 21lg furnace fan limit switch appears to be rare)
I have a fan limit switch that is not functioning properly. It stays on. The normal honeywell looking switch with probe does not fit. When pulled out it looks very different. It has 2 lead screws...
1
1

Nest Thermostat contol of Sentry Boiler
I have a Sentry Gas Fired Boiler (Model S-90 EDP) with an old battery powered Thermostat currently hooked up via a R and W wire directly to the T & Tv wires as showing on Page 7 of this installation...

Furnace Question
This is of course a purely hypothetical situation. Imagine that someone purchased a house with a very old propane furnace in the spring, then found out in the fall that it will cost an arm and a leg...
2
2

vokera compact 25 heat exchanger
can this be put in upside down?

Thermostat reads -AC
Our air conditioning has been out for a couple years but the heater still worked... Tonight we tried turning it on and the thermostat reads-AC and the the heater shuts off.
1
1

Squirrel cage on inside unit of heat pump not working for heat
My inside unit works on cool, the squirrel cage comes on automatically. It also comes on when I turn it to fan on the thermostat. On heat it's not working. The unit is humming and you can feel heat...
1
1

Huge long shot but can anyone identify this water tank or give a rough age?
Thank you!
1
1

Oil Furnace And Blower Turns On By Itself (Even With No Thermostat Connected)
I attached an image of the furnace which displays the model number and other information on the tags. The model numbers I can find are: Beckett AFG Oil Burner Honeywell RTH6580WF1001/W Thermostat...
2
2

GOODMAN FURNACE
NEW 96% GOODMAN FURNACE,NO GAS PRESSURE ON OUTLET SIDE,HAVE POWER TO VALVE,SAME PROBLEM.GOODMAN WON,T TALK TO ME.

can anyone tell me how to lower the temperature on boiler
No further details provided

the ignitor doesnt stay on long enough on my armstrong sx90 smart furnace
No further details provided

I bought a house that was built in the 70's with singer heating
It has wires on 2 inch centers covering the ceiling embeded in the texture. Thermostats in every room and when you open it up it has 8 to 10 gague wire running to ceiling what kind of unit is this?

Alpha 32cd C/Heating starts then goes off on boiler temperature
my cd32c works perfect on hot water but when the heating is demanding the boiler starts as normal but after just 10 seconds I hear the boiler water crackling and then it cuts out. Suspect the...

does the outside condenser fan run when the heat is on
No further details provided