Subject Author Posted Replies

Controlling adventitious growth of oleander
There is a large (multiple 5" trunks) oleander growing next to a walkway. Some unwanted trunks have been cut, and they produce a dense growth of buds, which intrude on the walkway and have to be...
5
5

Gladiolus bent leaves before the stalk = no bloom?
This is my second year planting gladiolus, they are currently at the 3-5 leave stage, before the stalk comes. I learned last year that not all corms produce any leaves. If they produce green leaves,...
1
1

What soil for planters?
I am working on a new deck. You can see the plans here: My first step is to buy soil. These being large planters I figured I would buy garden soil. But the bags clearly state for in-ground use. That...
8
8

Blue Spruce Going Brown
Hi, We have a tree that my parents bought for us when we moved into our home. We think its a blue spruce. However in the last few months the lower, inner branches are turning brown and crisp. I've...
7
7

Washington Hawthorn
My 25 year old Washington Hawthorn is now in full bloom, the aroma is delicious.... a very neat growth habit and ofers wonderful dense shade for a rather small tree... about 20' wide X 20' high....
2
2

Tips for Growing a Bonsai
The interest for bonsa?, miniature trees that the Japanese cultivate for centuries in their gardens, knows in Europe, especially in the USA, a spectacular development. Discover all our tips to...

nasty invasive plants
It's not just over-seas - It has become quite invasive - everyone should be aware and take care ! Also - it's little cousin wild parsnip - a rapidly spreading invasive .. John T.
3
3

Blossoms 2018
Click on images to enlarge. Redspire Ornamental Pear in full blossom Purple Leaf Crab Apple in full blossom P5070006 — Postimages P5160001 — Postimages https://postimg.cc/image/9qyup26ef/...

Can anyon help me identify this flower/plant?
Picture was taken a few years ago at the Oakland Zoo (Oakland, California) The flower was on a tree (or large bush?) and there were dozens of them at the time......
3
3

Neomarica gracilis - walking iris
Hi all Sorry have posted this in the marketplace too but wondered if there's anyone here UK based who might have or know where I can get hold of a walking iris. Thanks! Shaun
2
2

WWll Pork Chop Sauce
P5030001 — Postimages
2
2

House plants
  Couldn't find a newsgroup that addresses house plants , so I'll ask here . I have recently started with African violets , and have a question . I have the plants in a bathroom because it's more...
15
15

Catalog Companies or One Company With Many Aliases
Everybody seems to get a few catalogs but this is getting ridiculous. I have what seems to be one company operating under numerous aliases bombarding me with catalogs. Problem is that the actual plant...
4
4

Dinner Last Night
Pan fried pork chop. Spinach. Red potatoes baked for the schtinkin' JennieO turkey lurky beast, now sliced and pan fried in the pork chop drippings - X-cellent spuds Same dinner tonight.
1
1

Re-powering the tiller
  Oh dear me dear me , the free tiller won't start ... again this year . Always been difficult and I'm tired of throwing money - and more importantly , time - at a Briggs that's at least 20 years old...
7
7