SCAG Mowers.

My Scag FH580V wants to bog down in taller grass and want run at full throttle. I have changed both ignition coils. And when I pull the right plug wire off it shuts off what else could make it do this?

Reply to
jimbo1966c

Mouse nest in air breather or dirty air filter. You're welcome. John T.

Reply to
hubops

Kawasaki? Just a WAG.. Neighbor with similar motor on a Toro EZ had a sticking choke. The shaft with the choke butterfly on it is plastic or similar material. It swelled up and was sticking in the aluminum carb housing. Easy to check, make sure the choke is opening up all the way...

Reply to
Leon Fisk

Yep - Kawasaki engine used in many machines ..

The time-of-year made me think of mouse nest - but - choke issues might be also a possibility. Choke stuck on usually results in rough running / rough idle after a few minutes - from very rich fuel ... regardless or engine load .. < ? >

engine load can improve performance slightly with high fuel mix. ? John T.

Reply to
hubops

And what happens if you pull the _left_ plug wire off? Does it stall also or keep running the way it has been? Could it be that you are literally running on one cylinder? That would certainly explain the lack of power.

Reply to
John McGaw