HELP I killed my grass with weed-n-feed!!!!

Last year I brought my disgusting neglected lawn back to life by adding topsoil, reseeding, and over seeding. It was green as ever. Then this year, I overseeded and everything was thick and beautiful. As the idiot I am, I bought weed and feed, the yellow pellet ones. I put it into my dispenser and dispensed a TEENIE amount over my grass evenly to give them a little pick me up. 2 DAYS LATER MY ENTIRE LAWN IS 80% DYING YELLO GRASS. ITS ALL RUINED! THEY AREN'T WEAK! THEY ARE DEAD. I'VE LOST A YEARS WORTH OF WORK BECAUSE I TRUSTED THE MANUFACTURER. WHAT THEY SOLD ME WASN'T WEED AND FEED, ITS VEGETATION KILLER. LIKE, IT DIDN'T EVEN REMOTELY FEED THEM WTF IT KILLED EVERYTHING WITH JUST A TINY BIT. I still have literally 90% of the bag unused on my huge lawn, that 10% managed to destroy EVERYTHING. NEVER USE WEED AND FEED.

Reply to
louiecai20

Agree. I had similar problem, added peat moss last year in error and killed grass. Water, seeding didnt help. This year, added about 1/2 to 3/4 inches of potting soil, sprinkled and raked in general sun&shade type seed, watered every day to keep seed wet. in 1-2 weeks started to see it coming up. Now been 3-4 weeks, almost like a pro golf course. Very little work, no critical procedures. Just daily watering if no rain.

Reply to
larrysbaldhaid

Regular watering and minimum fertilizer worked for me. The only spots (for work next year) are to remove crab grass from 1/4 yard (its green, all i care about now) and a 3x10 area where nothing grows, not even crab grass or weeds, next to diveway, guessing previous owner parked leaky car.

Reply to
larry.eats.boogers