compost question

As an experiment I filled a raised bed with compost that was not fully broken down. It was made from arborist woodchips, grass clippings and food scraps. All the grass was broken down, and most of the food scraps we're gone, but obviously there were still woodchips.

I planted some spare tomato plants, watermelons, and a cuccumbers plants in this bed. All plants thrived and produce quite well. I'd say give it a shot.

Reply to
troy.e.bottleson