Latest threads in Fruit and Vegetable Gardeningshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Zucchetta squash?
Hi All, Supposedly Zucchetta are bug resistant. But they are climbing. What happens if you don't give them something to climb on? Many thanks, -T View picture of Climbing Zucchini,Tromboncino,...
1
1

green onion experiment
Hi All, My grand experiment. I have a small area about 6' long by 1-1/2 ' wide that I let garlic, shallots, and onions just grow without picking them. I do this just out of curiosity to see what they...
14
14

need help with stump removal
Hi All, Okay, I know a bit misleading subject line, but ... You were thinking back hoe, dynamite, swearing, etc.. I have little trees growing all over the place. I think they are either cotton wood or...
6
6

tip on squash bugs
Hi All, Yesterday, I put the knee pads on and got down on the dirt to prune off the extra zucchini pants from my holes. The plants I kept were the large ones at about 10" tall. I noticed that in the...
2
2

Pointed Pumpkin Plants
I planted twelve varieties of pumpkins this year, all of which are doing well. Most of the varieties are similar in appearance but the Secretariat pumpkins have a significantly more pointed appearance...
10
10

peas :)
i planted them so i can refresh my seed stock and to have more to give away. it's pretty hard to do when you want to stand there and eat them in the garden. :) it has been too long since i grew these...
2
2

Potato problem
Hi all, Does anybody know what is wrong with my potatoes? We had a lot of rain this summer and they got some black leg too. Those potatoes were dug up recently to prevent spread of it....

Have I been Pampering a weed?
Hi All, This was suppose to be a Jeffery Pine grown from seed. Is this what a pine tree seedling is suppose to look like? Or have I been pampering a weed, again? Many thanks, -T
7
7

transplant clippings not taking
Hi All, I am trying to get another Choke Berry (not cherry) to grow by transferring a clipping from another plant. This is supposedly how these plants are propagated. I have been using this rooting...
31
31

onion marbles?
Hi All, I planted the onion marbles I got from Wal Mart. They are growing fine (go figure). Question: at what stage growth do they harvest marble sized onions for sale? Many thanks, -T
2
2

Help me kill this...please
I have this weed in my chile patch. It's shown up every year for quite a wh ile and every year it's a little more invasive than the year before. I can cut it off pretty deep, several inches, and not...
4
4

I'itoi onion
for hot dry climates. from da wiki... "a prolific multiplier onion cultivated in the Baboquivari Peak Wilderness, Arizona area. This small-bulb type has a shallot-like flavour and is easy to grow and...
14
14

How many seeds in an onion flower?
How many seeds should I expect from an onion flower?
2
2

pawpaw with falling fruit
The pawpaw tree here is dropping a bit of it's fruit, perhaps 1/3 so far this year. Anyone have a idea of the cause? Hul
2
2

Luck ran out
For the last several years, I've felt pretty fortunate in that the rabbits that I occasionally see in the lawn have never caused me any garden trouble. The Universe caught up with me. I went out to...
17
17