Eating rosemary?

Hi All,

My rosemary bush does not produce those nice rosemary stems you get in the grocery store. But instead, nasty tasting, bark like leaves.

Is there a special type of rosemary plant your for eating/cooking? I think I may have planted an ornamental bush.

Am I missing something?

-T

where is it located? like is it in a very hot location next to a wall that reflects heat and light or does it get any shade or ?

i'm not all that familiar with growing it but perhaps others can be helped by you providing more details. ;)

songbird

Reply to
songbird

There are a LOT of rosemary varieties out there. Some have very stiff branching, and other have moderate to soft branching. The latter is what I prefer to grow for culinary use.

Reply to
Boron Elgar

it is out in the open next to my garlic patch

Got a name to order?

I find wandering the suburb and testing what I see on my travels gives me a much better idea of what I want. When I see what I want my next trip is with a pair of secateurs and a door knock to take a cutting. I haven't been refused yet

Mike

Reply to
Bloke Down The Pub

Bloke Down The Pub wrote: ...

usually gardeners are pretty giving people and love to talk about their gardens. :)

songbird

Reply to
songbird