Eating rosemary?

Hi All,
My rosemary bush does not produce those nice rosemary stems you get in the grocery store. But instead, nasty tasting, bark like leaves.
Is there a special type of rosemary plant your for eating/cooking? I think I may have planted an ornamental bush.
Am I missing something?
-T
T wrote:

where is it located? like is it in a very hot location next to a wall that reflects heat and light or does it get any shade or ?
i'm not all that familiar with growing it but perhaps others can be helped by you providing more details. ;)
songbird

There are a LOT of rosemary varieties out there. Some have very stiff branching, and other have moderate to soft branching. The latter is what I prefer to grow for culinary use.
On 2020-06-22 08:20, Boron Elgar wrote:

Got a name to order?

I find wandering the suburb and testing what I see on my travels gives me a much better idea of what I want. When I see what I want my next trip is with a pair of secateurs and a door knock to take a cutting. I haven't been refused yet
Mike
Bloke Down The Pub wrote: ...

usually gardeners are pretty giving people and love to talk about their gardens. :)
songbird
On 2020-06-22 05:02, songbird wrote:

it is out in the open next to my garlic patch