Vaccinium Myrtillus

Hi All,

Anyone know where I can purchase Vaccinium Myrtillus (Bilberry) plants with plugs or pots (I have the worst luck with bare root).

The only place I could find with Duck Duck Go was a place in the UK.

-T

many sites are calling these blueberries and they need acidic and moist conditions (edges of bogs are where we find them around here).

i found many places selling them (try searching with ecosia using phrase

Vaccinium Myrtillus for sale )

songbird

Reply to
songbird

Hi Songbird,

There is a whole section over here on the confusion with blueberries:

Here is a great growing guide:

I will have a problem with #2:

Select a planting location for your bilberries that offers full sun in cooler zones and partial sun with afternoon shade in warmer zones. Ensure that soil is well-draining and acidic.

I will pour vinagar down the hole a mix it up and let set for a few months before planting.

The other problem I am having is #1:

Purchase container-raised bilberries rather than bare-root stock as these perennials do not like to have their roots disturbed.

And I can not find any for sale. :'(

-T

Bilberries are great for Diabetes, circulation problems and your especially eyes:

Bilberry extract supplementation for preventing eye fatigue in video display terminal workers:

The effect of a natural, standardized bilberry extract (Mirtoselect®) in dry eye: a randomized, double blinded, placebo-controlled trial: