Good Fig Year

I planted a small fig tree about seven or eight years ago. It grew into mor e of a bush than a tree, sending out a dozen or so canes each year; these d ied back in the winter and new canes grew in the spring. We used to get at most one or two figs per year as they'd form late and barely ripen before t he frost. This year, it has been producing edible figs since early summer, maybe the result of an extremely mild preceding winter.

We went to the grocery store this morning and I noticed, for the first time ever, that they had ripe figs for sale in the produce department. I guess it was a good year for figs all over.

Paul

Reply to
Pavel314