Spinach with berries? Hmmmmmm

Spinach with berries ???????

What do you guys think? Worth a black thumb trying out?

interesting, i read all the reviews. sounds as if it may be a problem weed for some people once it gets going.

also noted a few people had germination problems and i'm guessing this is a cool weather germination plant that needs fairly steady moisture to get going. not sure though.

also noted, if it is a relative of lambs quarters and similar in hardyness it may actually survive your conditions once it gets established, but note it is an annual (so you have to let some seeds drop for it to spread). lambs quarters are one of my favorite weeds here. i don't let them spread around a lot but i like to leave a few here or there for the sake of diversity.

also found via wiki search that it is (like spinach, beets and some other greens) an oxalate herb so if you have issues with that you may want to limit the uncooked greens.

songbird

Reply to
songbird

Someone else's black thumb, maybe. My own personal thumb? Not in this lifetime, no. As it happens, I harvested spinach this morning and the strawberries are loaded with fruit that is beginning to show a little color and I certainly don't mind picking them separately, so.... Does anyone else judge those the red things to more closely resemble raspberries than strawberries?

Reply to
derald

I am confused. Do you mean you grow actual strawberries or the ones on this spinach?

If the spinach, how do the berries taste?

Yeah, I see it wasn't clear: I have spinach in one bed and "sweet Charlie" strawberries in another.

Reply to
derald

No problem. Thank you!