growing GIANT pumpkins

I would like some advice on growing a very large pumpkin. I have been told that I should snip off all the fruit but one. Any other advice?

simon

Reply to
Simon Stenkle

Howard Dill of Nova Scotria, Canada sell pumpkin seed. He is the developer of a giant strain of contest pumpkin. I believe the winning pumpkins are now over 1000 lbs. See:

Farmer John

Reply to
Fudge

I have not done this since I was a teen but you can milk-feed a pumpkin to make it grow huge. I don't remember all the particulars but you have to make a small incision in the vine and insert a wick that goes into a container containing the milk. I advise you to look it up on the web under maybe "milk-fed pumpkins". It works very well but you have to guard against bacterial or insect infection.

Reply to
Phaedrine Stonebridge