plastic plumbing

I'm replacing my electric shower fitted by a plumber about ten years ago and it is attached to the old unit (Triton T100E) by a 15mm plastic elbow bend. This elbow bend does not seem to screw off and I cannot just pull it off. Or I'm afraid to pull it any harder in case I break something. Is there an easy way to break these connections?

and
bend.
an
There are different types AFAIK. One type (speedfit?) I think you give the collar a quarter turn anti-clockwise and then pull off, another type needs a tool you get from B&Q to compress part of the connector, then pull out.
Or something like that :-))
Steve

If it has a sort of collar/ring where the pipe goes in you have to push the collar into the fitting slightly to release the pipe