shower install - half inch 15mm elbow ?

I'm installing a grohe shower mixer.

The outlet that connects to the shower hose is an elbow which screws into a half inch fitting mounted in the wall.

I'd intended using a half inch to 15mm elbow coupler (in the wall) back to the mixer outlet.

But when screwed fully together the (15mm to half inch) coupler that connects back to the shower outlet is left at an unusable angle.

The only way I can see it working is by not fully tightening the two connections, but this would cause a leak ? What point am I missing something ?

Any help appreciated.

Reply to
Matthew Thomasson

Wrap the thread with PTFE tape, using sufficient tape so that the fitting is fully tightened when pointing the desired direction.

Bob

Reply to
Bob Minchin

Use a female to male elbowed connector and wrap the threads with PTFE plumbers tape.

Reply to
BigWallop
[snip}

Some of the valve manufacturers do them, but they are about £15 each!

Reply to
Kalico

Like this one at £1.50 inc VAT. (Toolstation.com Part # 33291) Small order delivery charge is £5 but you can collect from the branch on Whiteladies Rd in Bristol.

350mm so should be long enough for most walls.
Reply to
Toby