Does a 22mm to 15mm elbow exist ?

Fitting new shower valve - the connections are perpendicular to a vertical wall. The inlets are 15mm, supply is 22mm chased in the wall.

Is there a reducing elbow available ?

TIA

Reply to
David Sims

Dunno but if not could you use a reducing T and block off or cut off and block up the unwanted 22mm end . You can also get T's with one end reduced . OR Get a 22mm elbow and fit a reducer to 15mm in to one leg ..Would that do .?

Stuart

Reply to
Stuart

Nothing to add to Stuart's post except if you haven't got one get the BES catalogue and see what's available. Note that some of the unusual tees are bl**dy expensive.

Jim A

Reply to
Jim Alexander

Thanks for T idea that would work, bit pushed for space for elbow and reducer

Reply to
David Sims

|Fitting new shower valve - the connections are perpendicular to a |vertical wall. The inlets are 15mm, supply is 22mm chased in the wall. | |Is there a reducing elbow available ?

Try your local plumber's merchant. Ours is very good on that sort of thing.

Reply to
Dave Fawthrop

Better would be a 15mm elbow and the reducer on the wall, rather than shower side. It is lower profile that way.

Christian.

Reply to
Christian McArdle

But if the supply pipe is 22mm that wouldn't be a reducer would it .It would be an increaser ?

Reply to
Stuart

Being bored I actually went to the BES web site and looked.

They have a reducing 22mm to 15mm compression fitting elbow, part number 17692,

Reply to
tinnews

Normally, though, you want a solder fitting, as these take less room.

Christian.

Reply to
Christian McArdle

That's the approach I've taken for similar fittings in the past. Also for reducing T's. It's often cheaper to use a bog standard fitting + reducer than to mess about with rarely used items. Also since the reduced fits internally on the 22mm side it doesn't extend the fitting much. If length really is an issue it's possible to shorten the reducer and one of the legs of the elbow a few mm using a wheel cutter.

Reply to
Steve Firth

Might be trickier to fit or take up too much room tho' .

Stuart

Reply to
Stuart

Yes - they're widely used for sparge pipes in urinals, where the horizontal run from bay to bay is in 22mm and the downcomer is 15mm.

Reply to
Frank Erskine

The message from Frank Erskine contains these words:

See, that's where a dodgy prostate gets you - plenty of time to look at the fittings.

Reply to
Guy King

:-)

Actually a proper sparge pipe is fitted with cap ends and has holes drilled along its length, for a continuous trough. I was thinking of the feed to several stalls from the flushing cistern.

Reply to
Frank Erskine

There are tyees with 22mm end and two 15mm on the others. Use one of these with an "internal" 15mm cap to save space.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

A T will be much bigger that a 22m elbow and reducer. The reducer fits

*inside* one end of the elbow making that connection 15mm instead of 22.
Reply to
Dave Liquorice

That doesn't sound right Dave, Ts with a reduced branch, solder or bsp or mix will usually stick out much less, the full size elbow has to turn in the greater size making it stick out more even before the reducer is taken into account.

Reply to
fred

But have the full non-reduced branch as well... OK prehaps burried in the wall but is another "joint" that could leak.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Try B&Q

Alan