CPVC male adaptor brass X slip elbow does it exist?

Is there such a thing as an 1/2" elbow, one end of it is a brass male threaded adaptor, the other end is a regular slip CPVC socket?

I can make one myself with a CPVC male adapter then glue on a 90 degree elbow, but I am really struggling for room and clearance for this valve and I need it to be as tight as it can be.

The Sharkbite elbow with a threaded end does the job, but I prefer for it to be glued instead of compression if I can avoid it. I searched and searched and could not find any. There is a drop ear 90 with a female brass end, and a CPVC socket on the other end. I need to male version of this, does it even exist?

Thanks,

MC

Reply to
MiamiCuse

What is this being used for?

You could use a drop-ear "transition" elbow with a brass pipe nipple to convert the gender to male. It's a brass drop ear elbow with a CPVC fitting you can glue into.

If you don't need the drop ear, another option might be a brass "Street

90" elbow with a male CPVC adapter threaded in. Or just use a regular brass elbow with a brass pipe nipple to change the gender.

Lots of ways to do it...

Anthony

Reply to
HerHusband

Yes there are lots of way to do it with two pieces. I need to do it in one piece because I am running out of room in the wall on either side, so I need a one piece with as little protrusion as possible. So far the sharkbite elbow with a push fitting on one side and a threaded male FPT seems my best option, I just wish I could glue instead of a compression joint. I have looked at the normal male adaptor and even with a street elbow it's still about 3/4" longer than the sharkbite elbow version and on both sides it adds to 1-1/2" of clearance I have to cut solid concrete out of that I rather avoid.

Reply to
MiamiCuse

Could you tell us the situation you are trying to solve? I'm having a hard time picturing a simple 90 degree elbow taking too much room.

I'm not a big fan of compression fittings, and certainly wouldn't use one unless it would always be accessable. But that's just me.

If you must cut into the concrete, a few holes with a masonry bit and a chisel should make quick work of that. Or grab a small grinder and grind away what you need to.

Anthony

Reply to
HerHusband