leaking aqualisa shower

hey guys, any help is appreciated.... we had an aqualisa mixer showe

running from the combi for 10 years without a problem... then about months ago it acquired a strange leak. what would happen is that whe you turned on the cold tap on the bath, the shower would start to lea from the head.... after this went on for a while, we were told that w needed a new shower. a plumber supplied an updated aqualisa shower an after 2 months the problem came back. this time though, the shower i also leaking from the back of the fitting [i.e. in the wall cavity an down into the kitchen!!!]

help

-- flashboy

Reply to
flashboy

In message , flashboy writes

Presumably this is combined bath filler/over-the-bath shower valve? or do you me a separate shower valve?

Well, seeing as the shower is very new I'd be getting that sorted either by the plumber who supplied it - with whom the responsibility lies or direct with Aqualisa - who will repair under their guarantee (assuming it is a faulty unit not poor installation of course.

Just ring their customer services (who I have found very efficient)

Reply to
chris French

When this happened to mine after rather longer, I just replaced the cartridge. They're not cheap, though, and a complete new shower might have been better value in your case, depending on condition.

Unless they've changed things, it can only really leak from the hose when seals fail. Sounds like it's a poor connection to the water supplies.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

If your 'plumber' had simply replaced the cartridge (about £100) in the shower (or even over-hauled it - tricky) then you would probably have been OK.

Now you need to sort out the mess. The new shower should be under warranty but they may wriggle as the installation has (at least in one respect) been done wrong.

Reply to
Ed Sirett

I spent ages sourcing all the O rings, and cleaned the parts of the cartridge till they gleamed - hard water area. But it still leaked, as I'd been warned. So I'd really not bother trying again. ;-)

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

If it was available. The catridges for the old Aqualisa one in this house when we bought it weren't any more.

Reply to
chris French