AquaGlass tub drain leaking

I purchased a 1 piece AquaGlass tub/shower at Lowe's and installed it myself with help from a plumber neighbor. We installed the drain and found that it was leaking. An inspection revealed that the area where the drain mounts to the tub is rough on one side and not flat like the other. As a result, the gasket will not seal.

I called AquaGlass, and they said that they can tell us how to sand it to fix it or they can send someone, which may take 10 days or more. They acted like this is not an uncommon thing to have to do. Anyone encountered this?

All comments and advice appreciated.

J F Moore

Reply to
JFM

I just assembled a drain on a fiberglas tub not long ago and while I did not have a problem I did note that most of the water tight seal is made by the plumbers putty between the drain and the upper side of the hole not the gasket and the lower half of the hole. You didn't say if you used putty but how could a plumber miss that.

A slight QA probelm from Lowes, coudn't happen ;)

Reply to
PipeDown