Fence panels and posts cost

Anyone know what I would expect to pay to have 6 6 ' x 6 ' overlap panels &

7 posts fitted into soil ?

I can roughly cost the materials but don't have a clue for labour cost's or how long it should take. I presume 2 days.

Reply to
Merlin

All totalled, this works out at 36 feet of fence. Will the posts be set in concrete, or just banged into the soil? Is the company you have employed, professional in doing this type of work?

What materials have they said they'll use? How many people will be engaged to do the work? Did they give a time scale for the completion? Have you spoke to any of their previous customers to find out what they thought of pricing and quality of this company?

Have you thought about doing the work yourself?

Reply to
BigWallop

I got quotes for exactly this type and size of fence last February. Quotes ranged from £220 to £300. It took two men about 3 hours on day one and then they came back the next day for two hours.

Reply to
BeeJay

Thanks for the information. Was that with the post in metapost's or concrete ?

Reply to
Merlin

In concrete, that's why they did the work over two days.

Reply to
BeeJay

Reply to
gedge

The quotes were for materials and labour.

I could have bought the materials from B+Q for £100 (approx) I guess the people who quoted would have got trade prices.

Reply to
BeeJay