Change lock on front door

How do I remove the barrell from a door lock

I need to repalce the barrel as we have misplaced one of the keys.

This is a PVC door with built in bolt for secure locking.

I can remove the outer and inner handle and remove a screw which secures the barrell. The barrell comes loose but will not release.

Any help would be appreciated.

Reply to
pwhel1

Big G

rubbish

Its a screw in the end of the door near the latch make sure you buy the right replacement lock they come in differeing lengths Screwfix stock a few of these.

Reply to
Vass

Sounds like a Euro Cylinder Lock. Does it look like this?

If so, insert the key & turn to approx 30 degrees pulling as you do so.

Dave

Reply to
david lang

In article , pwhel1 writes

You've removed the machine screw on the edge of the door, in line with the lower middle of the barrel yeah? At this point the barrel should feel loose but won't come out.

Insert the key and turn from the normal 6 o'clock position to either 5 or 7 o'clock (can't remember which but just +/-30degrees) and the lock should slide out.

Euro locks have an offset cam to resist removal without the key and this will bring it in line with the body.

Reply to
fred

Reply to
Big G

DOH! read, read again, read once more then remark!! apols

Reply to
Vass