burglar alarm

Well, that means it's not a recent one. I used to get 10 years, and the battery was still useful afterwards for another 5 years for running lamps, etc. No more, I'm afraid...

Good luck with its replacement...

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

Yes, mains power off, pull lead off back up battery. Power back, lead back. Enter code, silence then reset.

Reply to
Mr Pounder

Just read this thread but afew things seem odd. Is it an ADE optima 6 or a copy Optimax 6 ? Reset for mk2 panels is power up & press reset 3 times within 5 secs not just power up. Optimax code is1234 not 0123. As for radio don't bother unless you use scantronics,honeywell or guardtec .all have 3yr lithium batteries and rolling code. We only use Yuassa batteries as they WILL last at least 5yrs but the cheaper brands can pack up after 3 or 4 yrs On a positive note if you are in uk and want a used (but fully operational) Scantronics 9448 6 zone panel 'gratis' let me know but you will have to spring for postage. CJ

We have an alarm system fitted before we bought the place about 20 years ago. After a recent power cut the larm will not cut off and will not answer to the reset codes or even the engineers code. Looks like a little over a hundred quid to get it fixed but I can get a wireless Yale alarm for that. Anyone have any thoughts on the Yale system as sold in Wilkinsons for around £100?

Or here for the same price

CJ