Remote 4g dimmer switch recommendations?

I'm installing some fancy lighting as part of my living room refurb. The central ceiling rose will stay, just for those occasions when you want to max out the lighting eg for finding the TV remote or doing the hoovering, but the main lighting will be provided via assorted free-standing lamps fed from three 2A sockets which I'm wiring into the lighting circuit.

I want all 4 lights separately switched and dimmable, and ideally controlled via a remote, and I've been looking for options for a 4-gang, 1- way switch. I also want to be as future-proof as I can, which means it must be compatible with LED lamps as well as CFLs and incandescents. So far the only one I've been able to source via Google and which fits the bill is the Varilight Eclique range ( or which aren't cheap, but hey.)

Does anybody have experience of Varilight, or know of any other suitable kit which I should be looking at?

Thanks

Reply to
Lobster

Varilight are good quality UK based manufacturers, finish is always very nice, been around for ever.

Quick scan puts it at just under 80 quid for 4 way:

In same sort of price range would look at LightwaveRF , bit more expanadable

Adam Aglionby

Not that model, but I do have another Varilight LED compatible dimmer and it's very good (smooth, silent and flicker-free) unlike the MK dedicated LED dimmer which I tried first, that was even more expensive and horrid (jittery, noisy and flickery).

Reply to
Andy Burns