Black & Decker GR360 (Stripemaster) lawnmower

Hi

I have an old but trusty B&D GR360 lawnmowr which has given great service

Just hit something solid and now the black plastic fan unit above the blade, which produces the suction, is badly cracked, producing significant vibration

I think I might just be able to fix it (can't find replacement on Web anywhere) but the big red nut retaining the blade and fan unit is completely seized

I've applied WD40 and tried a few taps on the supplied spanner with a hammer to no avail - I'm also not *completely* sure if the nut unscrews clockwise or anticlockwise(!)

Can anyone advise in any way?

TIA

Flynn

Reply to
Flynn

It's very likely to have a left hand thread. I use the windy gun I use for changing wheels, but I appreciate this will not be an option for many.

Steve

Reply to
shazzbat

I'm no expert in this, but I recall from yonks ago that electric Flymos had L/H thread. In any event, I'm sure it would be such that the direction of rotation when driven would tend to tighten, not loosen, the nut.

Have you looked on B&D website for instruction leaflet? Or phone your nearest B&D service centre?

I also recall that removing the nut required a really hefty clout, rather than a tap. And if you can somehow wedge the motor to stop it turning, that may help.

Reply to
Martin