Parts for Black & Decker Toaster Oven TRO480BS

Anyone know where to get a replacement timer for this unit? B&D does not have stock. Timer failed after a few weeks and stays on until manually turned off.

I wonder how to find out if there is a recall on this product. This is a fire/injury hazard.

Previous oven was also Black & Decker and used for 20 years. Was still working when replaced because heating elements started to heat unevenly.

I would not recommend the TRO480BS. Many problems -- those I recall are door can't be adjusted to close evenly, letting too much air in/out on one side. Top and bottom heaters don't heat equally - have to turn toast over to brown both sides, etc.

Reply to
Snuffy "Hub Cap" McKinney

Try posting in sci.electronics.repair

Reply to
KLayton888

does not have stock.

is a fire/injury hazard.

still working when replaced because heating elements started to heat unevenly.

are door can't be adjusted to close evenly, letting too much air in/out on one side. Top and bottom heaters don't heat equally - have to turn toast over to brown both sides, etc.

Thanks.

Reply to
Snuffy "Hub Cap" McKinney

After a few weeks after you bought it? Shouldn't they give you a new oven?

Did you ask for a new one or just for a new timer?

Or after a few weeks after you threw it off the roof of your house? In t hat case, no.

P&M

I thought they were supposed to be able to stay on indefinitely, because it was posstible to use them without setting a timer. For example, if you wanted to roast an entire pig, that would take a long time.

Reply to
micky

Considering it is most likely manufactured in China, you may try your luck on AliExpress. Searching for "oven timer" pops up a decent lot of mechanical timer units. You'd have to check the markings on your timer for a match. And you'd need the patience for it to arrive :-)

Cheers!

Reply to
c4urs11

not have stock.

is a fire/injury hazard.

still working when replaced because heating elements started to heat unevenly.

are door can't be adjusted to close evenly, letting too much air in/out on one side. Top and bottom heaters don't heat equally - have to turn toast over to brown both sides, etc.

LOL! Sober up, Micky!

Reply to
Snuffy "Hub Cap" McKinney

The B&D TR048BS has one good feature... it's cheap. Typically about $30 when on sale. According to a few reviews that I skimmed, everything else about it is marginal. If a typical parts vendor: wants $11.29 for the timer knob, I can imagine what a replacement timer would cost. Methinks buying a replacement toaster oven might be cheaper. Or, as somone else suggested, try AliExpress. This looks like a possible:

You didn't bother to mention whether the mechanism or the contacts failed on your existing timer. If the contacts, I suggest you take it apart and clean the contacts, which might fix the problem.

Incidentally, I use a similar B&D toaster oven for reflow soldering electronics:

Reply to
Jeff Liebermann