Latest threads in Building Constructionshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Problem Customer
------------------------------------- I have a customer that just filed a claim against my bond. It is a small job (total contract $3k) This is the first time I've had this happen, as anyone...
5
5

Cost of metal roofing
Would like to hear more about the long-term life of stone coated steel roof, and application costs. I am familiar with the life of a common steel roof.
8
8

finding contractors
We've finally gotten an offer accepted in SD. So now that we're in the process of getting the home, when we settle, we're going to want to make it our own. We are completely new to San...
3
3

Dwyer Green Building
I want to introduce a new company called Dwyer Green Builders. He has been an alternative builder for many years now. His latest product we think is going to revolutionize the way people build Green....
3
3

Isulation On Top of Old Flat Roof
I have a home built in 1970. It has a flat roof. In the1980s, a pitched roof was added to the top of the existing flat roof. Now when you walk in the attic, you walk on top of the roof. I would like...
2
2

new digital planroom - share plans safely online
Hi. If I am out of line porting this here, please let me know as I am new to this. My company is rolling out a "digital planroom" - a construction document management system that can be easily used on...
2
2

New mixing valve
Chris Clouthier ------------------------------------- I installed a new mixing valve and have less water pressure than before I replaced it. The water pressure in thehouse is great so I dont...
3
3

Painting new prepainted downspouts ? DTM paint?
Hello I just got new gutters and downspouts installed prepainted Aluminum 30 White. I am painting the house and wanted to paint the downspouts the color of the home. I will leave the gutters white....
2
2

building a pole shed Options
I have been thinking about building a pole shed for a few years, and I think next year is the time to start. can somone point out some things I need to research on this? this is a start of some of the...
2
2

Cleaning river rock fireplace
------------------------------------- I have a river rock fireplace that is about 2 years old. I would like to clean it prior to sealing it, as some of the rocks have discolored. I collected these...
5
5

School building construction facing new frontier in design standards (BizJournals)
public pressure mounts and it becomes more financially feasible, schools are increasingly weighing how to build environmental sustainability into their designs, even if it means higher up front costs....

Gameroom construction/building code?
We just bought a newer foreclosure earlier this year in the DFW TX area.. Home is only 4 years old and has a designated gameroom. It is located upstairs and I want to move a small coin-op pool table...
12
12

Green building products for home improvement
Ecoplanit is a community supported directory of green building resources including information on renewable energy, energy auditing services, and a wide variety of sustainable building alternatives to...
1
1

Downspout Installation ?
I am having a re-roof done including new gutters and downspouts. The gutter guy came out yesterday and installed the gutters and downspouts. Some of the downspouts are not perpendicular. If I measure...
7
7

cuctom house contractor
Where can I get a home improvement contractor in the Washington area? I found this site, but I also need your opinions. Please help me. Thanks. ================= [url= improvement contractor[/url]...