Painting new prepainted downspouts ? DTM paint?

Hello

I just got new gutters and downspouts installed prepainted Aluminum 30 White.

I am painting the house and wanted to paint the downspouts the color of the home. I will leave the gutters white.

How should I paint the downspouts? Do I need to prime them? Or just use the regular house paint or DTM Direct to Metal paint such as Kelly Moore

5725 DTM?

Thanks

Reply to
Tube Audio

If they're new, you can probably just paint them.

I would sand them lightly to rough up the surface, then clean them thoroughly.

Reply to
SteveBell

They are painted so DTM is out. They are likely a hard oil finish I would go ask at a real paint store you might want a primer but a good roughening would be smart. Sherwin Williams has a latex meant to bond to even dirt that you might consider called maybe Duration. Is Kelly, Bens brother. Ben Moore is known quality.

Reply to
ransley