finding contractors

We've finally gotten an offer accepted in SD. So now that we're in the process of getting the home, when we settle, we're going to want to make it our own. We are completely new to San Diego. Does anyone have any suggestions on where we can find out about good painters and other residential remodel contractors?

--

21
Reply to

jloomis

Suggestion: ask a few local real estate agents! I've found them to be knowledgable about who is good and who is respected.

Reply to
PeterD

on 9/17/2008 8:45 AM PeterD said the following:

Unless they have relatives or friends that are in those businesses.

Reply to
willshak