FAO: Ken/Don OT

Texas girl gets her guns.

I thought we got a close up of the actual gun, but no such luck. So...for what it's worth, me firing a Remington single action revolver.

This is one just like it I googled. Don't know if the one I fired was the same year, but it was from the 1800's.

jojo

Is the center of gravity if that thing as far from your palm as it looks?

Reply to
Michael Bulatovich

Yes, it has a stubby little uncomfortable stock. jojo

Reply to
jojo

COG? Are you worried about her dropping it? Maybe center of force and recoil. Palm looks like it should have been higher up on the handle, but those are self-correcting errors...unless you like pain of course.

I remember the first time I shot my brother's shotgun as a kid. He said, "Brace yourself." After a mule kicked me in the shoulder, I realized he meant, "BRACE yourself!" and I modified my stance.

OT to the OT - I like the "leader" stairs. There's a jojojoke in there somewhere - "No! I said build it to the LETTER!" The leader line - the horizontal part - is unfortunately similarly spaced as the nosing lines. Anyway, you should count yourself lucky. With the state of some job site plans, you're lucky they didn't build it with ketchup stains.

RicodJour

With the crew she rides width, I'm not worried about jojo one little bit ; )

It just doesn't look like a very ergonomic design to me. No wonder it lost out to the Colt.

Reply to
Michael Bulatovich

Is it possible to type a typo no pun intended?

Reply to
Pierre Levesque

Anything's possible, but the wink says it all.

Reply to
Michael Bulatovich