Latest threads in Air Conditioningshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

can i add an extra condenser?
If a larger condenser is what makes a new unit more efficient, then what would be the outcome of adding another condenser to my system? Not an extra compressor but an extra condensing unit with a...

freon! add or not to add
wanting to add/check freon in home ac unit. hook manifold gage blue hose to low side port and yellow hose to r22 bottle. There is a valve with brass cap on it with a hexhead screw in it that adjusts...
2
2

when replacing old air conditioner4 with high efficiency model, is it necessary to increase the tonnage, i.e. 3 ton to 3 1/2 or 4?
I have just had a new air conditioner installed (3 ton replaced by a 3 ton). The new unit is supposed to be more energy efficient, however, it does not keep the temperature at the desired temperature...
2
2

Codes for the Carrier Comfort II thermostat
My thermostate is flashing E1. Does anyone know what that code means?

How can I bring up well water from 200 feet in a 3/8 tube for my swamp cooler.
I want to supply my swamp cooler with continious cold water from my well. It only needs a 1/4 or 3/8 inch tubing. I don't know what small type of low pressure pump would work for this purpose that...

I've noticed a musty smell coming out of a cold air return in the spare bedroom, especially on rainy humid days.
I've also noticed mold/mildew growing on clothes and furniture. The duct work for that return is located in a crawl space in a partial basement. I'm thinking I should have this duct moved. The...

i have a xe1200, model ttx024c100a2. is this a heat pump or just ac?
trane unit
4
4

5 yr o Goodman GSH 130241A , split. Had no trouble till 3 wks ago. Just turned it on and it wouldn't cool. Inside coils don't get warm. Ins
Inside/outside fans run. All fins, and coils are clean. Switched upstairs/downstairs thermostat "plug in" cover/control (Honeywell) , no effect. Suctioned condensate drain. Some water, then dried...
4
4

Central air conditioning efficient for 110 year old house?
Our 110 year old house has no return air ducts on the 2nd or 3rd floor. The air return ducts are located on the outside of the house on the first floor and the heating ducts are on the inside walls in...
13
13

i have a leech air conditioner in fla. temp is set at 81. when it is 90 outside it never shuts off until 10 pm
just had all new ducts installed, and a atic fan.
2
2

How much does the installation of a 3.5 ton Airconditioner Unit including the condenser cost
We are disabled seniors living in AZ and have for the past week no air conditioning due to the failing of our 13-year-old AC. We probably have to replace the whole system but are not sure how much it...

motor stuck or busted.
Hi. I started the AC and the fan switch was on. The furnace/AC motor started to hum and when I helped it with my hand to spin it took of OK. My question is, does the bearings on the motor or blower...
6
6

Gibson AC Compressor Fan Stops.
My 7 yr old Gibson AC compressor fan stops running after about 1 hour. What are the most likely part failure.
4
4

Will Friedrich Ws12a10e Wallmaster Thru-the-wall Air Conditioner 12,200 Btu 115v fit ito Fedders Type A sleeve
No further details provided
10
10