Latest threads in Air Conditioningshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

new air and coil still runs constantly
had new air conditoner and coil and thermostat and put the temperature on 70 and the temperature goes up instead of down until nighttime and unit runs constantly

Fan on outside unit stopped running. We changed out the capacitor and it ran for a while then shut off--what could be wrong?
After it stopped, we re-installed the capacitor and the fan ran for a few minutes and cut out again. What else could it be?
2
2

How much should it be to replace air handler coil. How much to replace hp and ah?
A leak test was done and I hav1e a leak in the coil. I was quoted 4500 for coil replacement and 10K for replacing both units. Seems really high
2
2

How to change air filter on a Trane XE1000
trane xe1000
3
3

AC Outside Fan Not Turning
Been working on this all week and to make it easier - going to post consolidated question with what has been tried to date in hopes of help. Lennox 13ACD-036-230-02 - 3 ton unit with 1995 sq foot...
20
20

Carrier infinity 96 thermostat not registering the right temperature.
The thermostat display says the room temp is 81 when it definitely is more like 73. Cool air will blow for a short while, but then shuts off before reaching the desired temp. Thermostat display never...
2
2

How can I check fan capacitor on Lennox AC unit using digital multimeter I have no instructions for
I have absolutely zero knowledge on how to use a multimeter and need to check the fan capacitor on my home ac unit that is not working. I have access to digital multimeter - Etek 10709 is the...
2
2

a c dont cool during day but it does at nite
ac dont cool during day but it works great at nite
2
2

Can i replace the screen on my central a/c unit, my dog peed on it and the corner is eaten away
No further details provided

fan stops rotating and air gets hot
A few weeks ago, I flipped the breakers in garage (the AC breaker is separate from these though) and within 24 hours of doing that, my AC fan on outside unit stopped rotating. After a lot of research...
21
21

Is my unit bad? RC winding only 0.8 ohms
My Payne 5-ton compressor is 7 years old. It blew a run capacitor and the service tech told me it might be a defective unit. He measured the R-C winding and it was only running 0.8 ohms. The other two...
14
14

wiring diagram for emersom window airconditioner Mod 18ht42
wiring digram for emerson windoow air conditioner
2
2

P-HAD20N09401B IS THE MODEL NUMBER WE FOUND ON THE AIRHANDLER OF THE UNIT BUT IT DID NOT HAVE A NAME. CAN ANYONE TELL US THE MODEL?
I AM TRYING TO FIND OUT THE MODEL NAME AND TONNAGE FOR THE ABOVE MODEL. (P-HAD20N09401B ). DO YOU RECOGNIZE THIS MODEL NUMBER? THE SYSTEM IS OVER 20 YEARS OLD.
1
1

how to find info on older air conditioner models
Looking for tonnage, seer, of model RCB30B2B Amana Central air
2
2

swamp cooler
the bigger the pulley on the squirrel cage, does it turn faster or slower? pulley on the squirrel cage, does it turn faster or slower?