R407c refrigerant for HVAC

Hi, I recently started having issues with my HVAC. The contractor took a look and said he would need to replace the compressor. Along with that, he said he would need 10 pounds of R407c refrigerant and he is charging $800 for that. Is there some way I can get the same one online somewhere. I checked Amazon and it's being sold in a 25lb cylinder (cost wise so much cheaper at $225) but I'm not sure if those cylinders are usable by HVAC guys and the contractor isn't very helpful since that seems to be the big margin item. Any help or experience/advise greatly appreciated! Thx KK

Reply to
KK