Trane HVAC Advice?

Hi, I am hoping someone here can give me some advice. I am replacing my furnace and A/C and I am thinking of going with Trane HVAC. My house is about 2200 sq ft in Northeast OH. I am thinking about getting a TUH2B080A9V3VA (80000 BTU, 95%, 2 stage, XV95 series) furnace with a 4TTX6036E1000A (3 ton, 2 stage, 16 SEER, XL16i) A/C. Price for the furnace is $3768, A/C is $4051. Does anyone have an opinion on this system and is this a good price??

Thanks

Reply to
cigarstand

I'd advise you to

1) immediately quit smoking 2) call for three or four more estimates 3) Avoid Trane, which uses a lot of proprietary parts. My old AC company used to install Heil, with the occasional Rheem. Similar brands include Tempstar, and Airquest, and Rudd. Goodman is discount, but reasonable equipment.

The quote sounds high, but I'm not sure how much duct work and so on are involved. Since you mention replacing furnace and AC, the house is probably fitted for duct work, etc. Still sounds a bit high.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Excellent choice.

Just be sure to check your installing contractor's references and you're good to go!

Reply to
HVAC

Who knows? The entire job has to be evaluated by a good contractor. Many in our trade are considering charging for estimating these jobs and if they get the Job..dropping the charge. It is a helluva a lot of work to estimate and design a HVAC system. If its a new install..it has to have an entire plan with manual J, manual D, an electrical plan. All to be submitted for review by local building officials and approved before one wheel is turned. When job is done.. A Technical report of all settings etc has to be submitted before the Electrical Inspector and the Mechanical inspector will even look at the job. You need to be a Lawyer to Understand the Warranties that the equipment manufacturers unload on us. Some clown will want us to install equipment that he purchased and then expects us to be liable for any problems.. That fellow gets sent down the road by my shop.

Reply to
Alexander

We forgot that you work for minimum wage and food stamps. Those prices sounded very competitive to me with the exception that I have no idea how much tinwork, electrical work, or how many phases of inspections that have to be paid for. Also how much of the legacy equipment,ductwork, registers etc have to be redesigned and replaced. He may have ducting to the Garage and require expensive fire dampers. It runs about $2,000 a year to update the education on new equipment and new technologies per working technician. Also we have to pay people to go to Code update classes every year. Please think before you jump up and make snap judgments. That fellow has to gage his bids by the localy and the amount of work plus the expense of the equipment for himself. Their is no magic window on net that we can see his job from here. Did he mention a Programmable thermostat and how high a test? A Humidifier? A fancy filter system? A remote internet control and check system. Some systems plug into the Smart home systems. Don't forget the changes in plan that the owner sometimes adds right in the middle of the job. Or the owners brother in law that is going to help you to cut your bill down. ;-p I forgot to mention..Maybe the old system that you have to remove is laden with Asbestos or other hazmat material.

Reply to
Alexander

He's a freakin landlord.... he put in the cheapest POS he could find.

Reply to
Steve

That's like saying it's a fair price to repair your vehicle. But, you don't know what was wrong, or what kind of vehicle was it.

Come out of the sun, it's frying your brain.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

looks like the thieving hack is gonna make 4 grand off your ass.

Reply to
The King

Does that mean that he doubles his fire policy and will split the proceeds of such a claim with the HVAC guy that lost his license?

Reply to
Alexander

I am not the person that made a snap decision on what is and what is not a good price. I qualified it like your Pinto dealer did. $50.00 is a good price for a Pinto unless you add a few dozen accessories..i.e. Engine, tires, doors, windshield, steering wheel etc. Seats of course would be aftermarket as this vehicle was meant to house the homeless.

Reply to
Alexander

But..But...Mikey.. He is one of your Union hacks! How is he gonna pay his dues?

Reply to
Alexander

Hell no, he might have to take a crowbar to his wallet and spend a dollar.

Reply to
Steve

nobama is gonna pay his union dues for him

Reply to
Steve

Still, you did tell the guy he got a good price.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

A qualified good price. Now I understand why you are used as a doormat in this professional group. I am sure you would be happier in a group dedicated to the Retarded citizens of the world. Mayhaps a Mormon laying on of the hands might help your head problems.. Especially if those hands contain a healing hammer.

Reply to
Alexander

Ah, you're abusive, just like the rest, on this list.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

You really are an ignorant red neck asshole. Stick to fleecing your neighbors. Its the only thing your good at.

Reply to
The King

Didn't your Daddy say to you..This hurts me worse then it hurts you? You did notice the very satisfied smile though.

Reply to
Alexander

Bad move, Steve. You dissed Mikey's butt buddy.

Reply to
Alexander