Why-GM-Couldn-Be-Apple

=A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0-- Mark Twain

Your right, I boo-booed.

Reply to
Robatoy

Hayseuss Crisco! Time for a remedial Canuckistani English class for you, Toy, ewe rebel, ewe.

-- Fleas can be taught nearly anything that a Congressman can. -- Mark Twain

Reply to
Larry Jaques

=A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0-- Mark Twain

=A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0-- Mark Twain

I will look into that. Their is a highschool that deels with that sorta thang.

Reply to
Robatoy

Larry Jaques wrote the following:

I didn't correct anyone's spelling. I just went along with the misspelling with a joke and my suggestion about the meaning of 'well-heeled'. But, yes, I made a mistake in my spelling of etymology. Thanks for correcting me.

Reply to
willshak

LOL ... It was all in gest!

:)

Reply to
Swingman

Silliness is good for the giggle glands.

Reply to
Robatoy

I will no longer encourage him. I will no longer encourage him. I will no longer encourage him. I will no longer encourage him. I will no longer encourage him. I will no longer encourage him. I will no longer encourage him. I will no longer encourage him. I will no longer encourage him. I will no longer encourage him. I will no longer encourage him. I will no longer encourage him. I will no longer encourage him. I will no longer encourage him. I will no longer encourage him. I will no longer encourage him. I will no longer encourage him. I will no longer encourage him. I will no longer encourage him. I will no longer encourage him.

-- Fleas can be taught nearly anything that a Congressman can. -- Mark Twain

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Larry Jaques wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

No fair using copy + paste, LJ!

Puckdropper

Reply to
Puckdropper

I did nothing wrong, so copying that longhand is not a requirement. But I wanted to be sure I didn't forget the lesson, and showed you how much I meant it.

. . U

-- Never underestimate the innate animosity of inanimate objects. --anon

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Here's an an article you'll probably agree with. After you read it you

Interesting article. I've seen it up close, too many companies think the Wal-Mart model is all that counts--keep your costs below everybody else's and you win. But they forget that cost-cutting that drives away customers or leads to more expenses down the road can mess up the company in a hurry. The bean-counters don't have to deal with the pissed-off customers who want to know why the product falls apart in half the time as the old model and so on, they see only rosy profit projections based on their artificial models.

It's interesting that Apple not only makes products people like, they're known for superior customer service as well. Contrast that with say the recording industry which is run largely by people who consider music just another product like floor wax or pet food or deodorant and who treat their customers with contempt as Sony did when it put its infamous "rootkit" on some of its CDs--is it any wonder the music labels have been sliding downhill for the past decade?

Reply to
DGDevin

Yes, Comcast also comes to mind. They ran their name into the ground so bad they chose to rebrand their services under the name "Xfinity". I almost hate to admit it, but I think their strategy was at least partially successful.

Bill

Reply to
Bill

I've heard that Comcast was put together by buying up regional cable companies so depending on where you live you could get okay or lousy service based on the local outfit with "Comcast" slapped on the door of their vans.

Most of the pitches from Comcast and AT&T leave me cold. What the hell do I need with being able to watch a show in three different rooms without missing anything? Is that how most people watch TV these days, while walking around the house?

There are only a few network shows I'd bother to turn on the TV for, and I have a seven-foot bookcase stuffed with DVDs (a surprising number of which still have the shrink-wrap intact) so the idea of paying those mutts to have

327 channels of crap streamed into my house does nothing for me. It's more likely I'd pay money not to watch Jersey Shore and all the similar sewage on cable these days.
Reply to
DGDevin

I saw that ad and thought the same thing. There is only one television in our house so it's a non-issue. Comcast reconfigured their services though so one of their devices is required to get any channels through a cable outlet (we used to watch through our computers). I'd like to drop their cable service and watch the few things I would like to watch online.

Sorry, I don't know enough to know what Jersey Shore is. I don't think I've ever sat through a reality show, if it's one of those.

Reply to
Bill

--------------------------- AT&T "slammed" my mother's L/D service when I tried to terminate it in favor of another carrier.

Ended up talking to a "dot head" who in her "clipped" English read her answers from a script.

No matter the question, got the same scripted replies.

At the time, Mom was 102.

Let the incorrect bill slide until Mom died, then suggested AT&T contact her estate.

The incorrect bill went away.

AT&T will NEVER again knowingly provide me with any of their services again.

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

Jest?